We have collaboration with the Veer Narmad South Gujarat University for research activities and transfer of knowledge. The University has recognized seven teachers of our college as Ph.D. guide and ten teachers as M.Phil. guide and we also have a Research Cell for carrying out the research activities.
Institution is having separate research cell. The research cell comprises of faculty members from various departments of the institute. This Research Committee monitors and address the research issues. The research committee consists of following faculties:
1. Dr. V. D. Naik,
2. Dr. P. P. Pradhan,
3. Dr. Heena Oza,
4. Dr. Aaishwarya Kulkarni,
5. Dr. Sabita Sondhi.
Objectives of R&D Cell
- Promotion of research activities amongst faculty and students at college level.
- To enhance interaction and cooperation between researchers for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary work.
- To forge academic and research collaborations with universities research institutes, government agencies and industries.
- To organize research promotion events like conferences, seminars, workshops and invited lectures,
- To motivate faculty for doctoral research.
- To encourage faculty to undertake research projects in thrust areas with funding from various national and international agencies.
- To promote research publications.
Initiatives taken to inculcate the spirit of research amongst faculty and students are as follows:
- Financial assistance is provided for participating in seminars/ workshops and faculty development programme to enhance their research skills.
- e-journals and e-books related to research are subscribed.
- Faculty development Programs are organized every year for the faculties for building and strengthening research capabilities of faculties.
- Institute make continuous efforts towards cultivating awareness against the plagiarism and is also planning to purchase software for checking of Plagiarism.
- We have linkage with the Research Methodology and Human Resource Management Department of our University for the use of Research Methodology Library and software for advanced data analysis.
- Lectures/Workshops on research methodology are organized regularly for our M.Com. students.
- M.Com students are encourage to volunteer, participate and interact with the participants and resource persons during the NFDP organized by the college.
- M.Com. students showing inclination towards research are nominated as participants at Research Methodology workshops organized by other institutes.
- M.Com. students are encouraged to help Research Scholars in data collection and data analysis activities with the objective of providing orientation towards research.
- Seven M.Com. students have passed NET/SLET before completing M.Com. during last five years.
- One JRF has been pursuing Ph.D. at our college.
- One of our M.Com. student having passed SLET served as Research Assistant in Major Research Project completed by the faculty.
Facilities for research :
The College is having the following facilities for research available to the Students and Research Scholars within the Campus.
- Rich Library for UG and PG
- Research Library Reference Books
- Wi-fi facilities
- Internet for access to e-resources
- Computers exclusively reserved for researchers.
- Laptops to individual faculty with net connection
- Research Room